Thursday, January 20, 2011

on running with eyeglasses

Thank you for waking me up today with that overseas call (I know calls like that are expensive and I am uncertain when I will hear from you again so I have to make the most of our conversation ^^,). I was still in a dreamy state but I have to shake myself after we got cut off because my brother is already knocking, telling me it's also time for me, for us to run.  He just don't know how thankful I am for his being "push-y" especially nowadays that my bones are lazy.


For a couple of days now I have been running with my eyeglasses on at the crack of dawn. My eyes have been involuntary twitching this past week...I don't know if it's because of stress ('coz i have been thinking about a lot of things) or because i have been reading a lot again and it's been a while since I have worn my eyeglasses or simply because I am tired. Does that happen to you, too? I still get surprised when my eyes or its lids suddenly twitch. What do you do when that happens?

During the warm up walk-run, having your eyeglasses is just okay but when you've gone a long distance already or when you do sprints with a brother that runs thrice as fast as you do...it kinda bothers you and affects your performance. When you begin to sweat and when it starts to trickle down your forehead your eyeglasses behind your ears slips and you have to fix it from time to time...ahhhh what a bother! I am contemplating on having contact lens. The last time I did, I remember how long and how hard it takes for me to put it my lenses on. Laser surgery (LASIK or PRK) uhmmm...not for now. I'm a bit afraid from the word itself...LASER. SURGERY. That's without the cost which I have heard is at least Php15,000. I know it would be a great relief  going through that but I'm fine with my eyeglasses for now, except when i run. My eyeglasses did a great job of correcting my nearsightedness and alleviate my sufferings from dizziness, headache, squinting and blurred images due to my astigmatism. I have not yet worn my eyeglasses during an actual marathon and i wonder how am I going to do when that happens. Can anyone suggest a better option or solution for runners with eye "condition"?



No comments:

Post a Comment