Thursday, January 13, 2011

My distress over the upcoming Condura Skyway Marathon


I know this is a marathon worth spending and it’s something I’ve look forward too since I started running for marathons last year but at the  moment I just don’t know how to go about with it. I want to run 21km for this. Previously, the slots ran out already for 21km so my friend go for 42 while I am still hanging where to get my registration since I went into a series of unfortunate events around the last quarter of 2010 and am just starting to pick up this month from that situation. Last night, I’ve checked the website and the 3km category is already close and that due to insistent public demand they’ve open 21km additional slots on a first come first serve basis. That means if you can pay online via credit card you can hold your slot for the next 3 days and just go to Greenbelt 3 to claim your race kit (the drifit shirt and the finisher’s medal (if you finish) will be mailed 2 months later though) My, my…my time is running out. I registered for 16km-that would hold ‘til Jan16, If I don’t pay by then…goodbye 16km…goodbye Condura Skyway Marathon 2011…see you next year…again. I am still hoping that I’ll be able to do 21km (either I get lucky going on site and still having slots or miraculously knowing someone with a credit card that would cover for my registration for now, which by the way, is way too expensive than the original price). This is by far, the most expensive marathon I’ll ever be in terms of registration if in any case I’m able to register. First, I have to find funding. Then when that’s settled I could revise my training plan for the next 3 weeks. Wish me luck today!

2 comments: